August 19 - 23, 2008
The 2008 IFASA Congress will be held in Halifax, Nova Scotia Canada from August 19-23. The congress is sponsored by the Canada Mink Breeders Association with scientific support from the Canadian Centre for Fur Animal Research at The Nova Scotia Agricultural College. The venue is the Halifax Marriot Harbourfront where a block of rooms has been reserved (fully booked). Registration and manuscript submission are now available on-line.
The organizing committee is chaired by Mr. Gary Hazlewood, Canada Mink Breeders Association. The scientific committee consists of:
- Dr. Bruce Murphy, University of Montreal (Co-Chair)
- Dr. Kirsti Rouvinen-Watt, Nova Scotia Agricultural College (Co-Chair)
- Dr. Bernhard Benkel, Nova Scotia Agricultural College
- Dr. Hossain Farid, Nova Scotia Agricultural College
- Dr. Bruce Hunter, University of Guelph
An exciting scientific and social program, along with post-congress tours are in the planning. Information will be presented here on the IFASA website as it becomes available.
Halifax is a city of 360,000 people on Canada's Atlantic Seaboard in the province of Nova Scotia. We have outlined some of the many points of interest on our Halifax Page.
HALIFAX HARBOUR: SITE OF THE 2008 IFASA CONGRESS